When it comes to birth certificates, we do not fully understand its importance unless we are ready to take another big step in our life. Like finding a job, moving to another country, or marrying a person abroad, then you would know why it is very important to have a well-translated birth certificate. Here are some of the most important things that you should know about the process.
Situations That Require A Translation
There are plenty of instances where you are required to submit a birth certificate translation – academic, personal, or professional purposes. If you are marrying a person from another country, or maybe you want to complete higher education in another culture, or if you want to take your life into a whole new direction and live or work abroad, then you need to find out how you can get a professional to translate birth certificate.
- A birth certificate translation is very important for almost all of your immigration translation needs. If you are applying for a visa or residency for another country, they would require you to submit a copy of your birth certificate that is professionally translated into the official language of that country.
- Marrying Your Partner Abroad. If you are planning your dream wedding to be in another country, you might as well have your birth certificate translated and ready beforehand. You will need this to process your marriage license.
- If you want to study at schools in another country, or maybe you are preparing for higher education, most countries would require you to submit a professionally translated birth certificates to be given to the country’s academic officials.
Important Things To Remember
If you have all of your files ready, especially your translated birth certificate even before you attempt to obtain legal documents, this will reduce the amount of time that you have to take care of potential problems. In order to do this efficiently, here are some steps that you can take to prepare your necessary documents ahead of time and provide unnecessary problems during the process:
- Spelling References. Always provide the correct spelling references for the names and addresses. Remember that birth certificates that are encoded in languages that do not employ the Roman alphabet may have some issues later on, especially in translating a name.
- Handwritten Issues. We have to admit that not all handwritings are legible. There are some that are too difficult to read and translate. This can result in misspellings and inaccurate translations. You have to make sure that you are clear with your professional birth certificate translator about how the names and the addresses should be spelled.
- Have As Much Information As Possible. When providing information to your professional translator, it is important that you provide as much useful information as you can. Also, there are governments who issue long and short birth certificate versions so make sure that you have both translated or the one that provides the most information.
Translating a birth certificate for whatever reason should be done by a professional. This is to make sure that you avoid any problems along the way because this process is not easy and may take a long time to complete if there are plenty of errors.